Cape York Enterprises creates Indigenous owned and controlled enterprises of scale, in order to deliver economic development and employment outcomes for Cape York people.
Cape York Enterprises is an effective interface between Indigenous economic opportunity and mainstream human and financial capital.
Cape York Enterprises undertakes three primary activities:
Originate, develop and grow portfolio businesses that are at least initially wholly owned by Cape York Partnership that pursue our enterprise objectives:
– 100% Indigenous ownership
– Minimum 75% Indigenous employment
– Achieve acceptable returns on capital
– Establish commercial relationships with Traditional Owners
Incubate Indigenous businesses owned by third parties
Cape York Enterprises provides practical business support to start-up businesses by acting in a corporate advisory manner, using our professional services network, drawing on internal corporate functions and sourcing various forms of capital.
Provide commercial advisory services to other Indigenous organisations
– Cape York Enterprises assisted Hope Vale Banana Farm in their recovery efforts following the impact of Cyclone Ita
– Cape York Enterprises assisted Hope Vale Congress of Clans with mining royalty negotiations with Mitsubishi subsidiary,
Cape Flattery Silica Mines