Over the past 20 years, the gathering of Indigenous people at Cape York Summits has produced important, even historic stepping stones on the road to a better future for us and our children. Together, big decisions have been made about our rights – and our responsibilities – regarding land, health and other issues that will affect generations to come.
The first Summit at Lockhart River in 1990 led to the establishment of the Cape York Land Council. Other Summits led major health and land initiatives for Cape York Indigenous people. Since then, the united strength, wisdom and passion of voices raised at each Summit have begun to be heard by Indigenous communities – and governments – around Australia.
- Cape York Indigenous Community Summits August-September 2015
- Cape York Indigenous Summit May 2015
- i20 Cape York Summit 2014
Cape York Indigenous Summit Reports
- Cape York Indigenous Summit 2015 “New Season” Community Report
- i20 Cape York Summit 2014 “Open for Business” Summary Report
- Tribal Wealth: An inclusive prosperity agenda